There is nothing like doing a little baking to get you into the holiday spirit! Recipes and treats and special dishes always bring back the best holiday memories for me. Whether it be decorating cookies as a kid or eating my Nana’s famous macaroni, it’s almost like I can taste the memories.
But somehow, every time I need on of those recipes I find myself texting my mom and asking her to send a photo of her old, stained recipe cards that hold that tried and true holiday goodness.
So this year, I am keeping it somewhere where I’ll always know where it is! And lucky for you, that means you get to have it as well.
This is our absolute favorite cut out cookie. The flavor is superb with a hint of cinnamon and honey. They don’t fall apart or puff up too much. They are soft and when you add some homemade buttercream frosting…it’s basically one of my favorite things to stuff my face on during the holidays.
Cut Out Cookies
- 2 1/2 C Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 C Butter softened
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1/3 C Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
For Butter Icing
- 1/3 C Butter softened
- 2 C Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 – 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl.
- Mix butter, honey, sugar, and egg in separate bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet. Mix well.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly brown and firm to the touch. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
For Butter Icing
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached.
Happy Baking! Hope you all have the happiest of holidays