This recipe is one of my all time favorite simple sweet treats. Although, of course, I am a fan of anything that has both chocolate and peanut butter! My weakness. I’ve had the biggest sweet tooth lately, so I whipped these up to keep myself out of the candy for the trick-or-treaters (which is currently hidden on the top shelf behind some towels because I don’t trust myself!).
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add corn syrup, salt, vanilla, and oats. Mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly (~20 minutes). Carefuly spread peanut butter over top.
- Melt chocolate chips with 2 tsp. butter until smooth. Spread over peanut butter.
- If adding a decoration like candy corn or sprinkles, add now.
- Cool to set. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
When spreading the peanut butter, you want the oats to be slightly warm so the peanut butter melts. But be careful because it is easy to pull up the oats so spread lightly and slowly! I put mine in the fridge to cool because I am impatient!
To celebrate candy corn season, I decided to dress them up a little. One piece of candy corn is about as much as I need at one time!
These are so delicious and I love how the candy corn made them feel so festive! Hope you all have a Happy Halloween with plenty of sweet treats 😉