In all of the excitement of E turning one next weekend, I keep forgetting about my birthday! It’s today! For the first time ever, my birthday is no longer my favorite birthday of the year 🙂
I didn’t completely forget because E will be hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa tonight while Mommy and Daddy go to the Flordia Georgia Line concert, and I sure have been looking forward to it!
In honor of my 27th birthday, I have decided to make a list of 27 things that bring me joy. Now I was going to be all mushy and sentimental and tell you how much my baby girl and my husband and the roof over my head make me happy and of course they do, but you know that! I am so grateful for my life with them and they bring me more joy than I’ve ever imagined (mushy, sorry, I couldn’t help it), but these things are certainly next in line (in no particular order), you know, to all the mushy beautiful life stuff.
- Chocolate. In any form. Especially cake. With chocolate frosting.
- Netflix. Particularly because they have my fav guilty pleasure shows: Dawson’s Creek, Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars.
- Iced Capps from Tim Horton’s.
- Vacuum lines in the carpet.
- A good pair of jeans.
- A freshly cut lawn.
- A road trip with my feet on the dash.
- Cherry Dr. Pepper. With lots of ice.
- Country music on the radio.
- A peanut butter and jelly sandwich at midnight.
- The beach at sunset.
- Getting packages in the mail with fun things inside.
- A fresh coat of paint.
- A nice, long, uninterrupted nap.
- Clean sheets.
- Glitter anything.
- Going on adventures.
- Getting a good deal or using a coupon.
- Tchotchkes, according to my husband.
- Organizing things.
- Ikea. That includes the cinnamon rolls.
- Baby shoes. Tiny pants. Baby swimsuits. Ok, anything baby sized.
- Fireworks any time of the year.
- My friends, because they remind me what it’s like to not be an old married person with a baby 😛
- The weekend.
- Blogging and all the opportunities that come along with it.
Happy Birthday to me! Here’s to another wonderful year with many more iced capps, glitter, and naps (if I’m lucky)!